Yes, these are the worst. We have tallied the most despicable and have them here for you in “countdown” fashion.
11. Pushing away the plate or bowl when finished.
10. Eating off someone else’s plate.
9. Hovering over your plate and elbows on the table.
8. Checking your devices / not paying attention.
7. Beginning to eat before others at the table have received their food.
6. Not using a napkin.
5. Licking your fingers.
4. Inhaling your food.
3. Talking with food in your mouth and chewing with your mouth open.
2. Eating with your hands when you should be using a utensil.
1. Noisy eating – slurping, burping and gulping.
If you want to brush up on your dining skills, check out our DVDs Networking and Dining at Home and Abroad and Dining Skills for the 21st Century. Our DVDs are available as digital downloads and hardcopy.