Etiquette Has Changed – Have You?
See how current your Etiquette IQ is with our True/False Questions Below
1. Elbows are sometimes permitted on the table.
2. Proposing a toast can be done anytime during the meal.
3. Political discussions should always be avoided during a meal.
4. At a buffet, start eating as soon as half of the people have returned to the table.
5. If you are eating a messy meal (ex: spare ribs), it is perfectly all right to tuck your napkin under your chin.
6. When introducing two people of the same age but different sex, it really doesn’t matter whose name is stated first.
7. In business or social situations, it is always correct for a woman to shake hands.
8. The nature of e-mailing is informal, but business e-mails should still be communicated formally.
9. Fold-over note cards are used by men and women.
10. It is acceptable for a “thank-you” text message to replace a handwritten thank-you note.
11. There are exceptions, but one usually doesn’t give out his/her business card unless another asks for it.
12. One who overlooks etiquette rarely has it called to his/ her attention.